Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!

Activision vs. EA

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Activision vs. EA

Post by CyberpunkCentral on Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:26 am

Activision Blizzard Inc. is seeking to add rival Electronic Arts Inc. as a defendant in a lawsuit against two star videogame makers who created Activision's hit Call of Duty franchise.

In documents filed in California superior court in Los Angeles on Tuesday, Activision of Santa Monica, Calif., asked a judge for permission to add EA to a lawsuit Activision filed earlier this year against Jason West and Vince Zampella, the cofounders of Activision's Infinity Ward, one of two studios that produce Call of Duty, a top-selling combat game series. The filing seeks $400 million in damages from EA for allegedly interfering with the employment contracts Messrs. West and Zampella had with Activision, in an effort to sabotage the success of Call of Duty.

In April, Messrs. West and Zampella announced they had formed a new development studio called Respawn Entertainment and that EA will publish its games.

A spokesman for Electronic Arts declined to comment, while an attorney for Messrs. West and Zampella didn't respond to requests for comment.

Messrs. West and Zampella originally sued Activision in March, alleging that the games publisher cheated them out of royalties from Call of Duty and wrongfully terminated them. Activision later filed a cross complaint against the two men.

The new complaint highlights the growing bitterness between EA and Activision. Activision alleges EA was motivated to undermine Activision because its products haven't performed well in the market. "To find Electronic Arts's desperate motive to conspire to break these legal contracts ahead of their expiration dates, all one has to do is to look at the company's precipitous decline in stature with investors and, most importantly, in the eyes of game players who demand innovation and excitement," the complaint says.

Source: Wall Street Journal
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

http://www.youtube.com/user/CyberpunkCentral?feature=mhw4

Back to top Go down

Re: Activision vs. EA

Post by TheJubJub5721 on Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:14 pm

Go fuck yourself Activision, you ruined the Call of Duty series.
TheJubJub5721
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Invincible on Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:06 pm

I never understood all the hate towards Activision. They've published some of my favorite games of all time. Spider-Man 2 & Guitar Hero: Metallica
Invincible
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by CernaML on Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:01 am

Really Activision? EA's games are in a decline? I do believe Call of Duty is the ONLY thing keeping your sorry asses alive. You closed down a great studio who made one of my favorite arcade racers, Blur. I won't be surprised if you somehow screw over Freestyle Games if Dj Hero doesn't sell millions and all of your other games are forgettable flops.

In short, FUCK YOU Activision.

CernaML
Newb Gamer
Newb Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post by TheStaticFox on Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:34 pm

as much as a hate Activision. EA is sorta in the wrong here. but that line about there games on the decline hahaha. ya cause activision is being so innovative by regurgitating COd every year.
TheStaticFox
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pizzy3C on Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:33 am

TheStaticFox wrote:as much as a hate Activision. EA is sorta in the wrong here. but that line about there games on the decline hahaha. ya cause activision is being so innovative by regurgitating COd every year.

Explain... I don't see how EA is in the wrong, Activision fired the guys and EA hired them.
Pizzy3C
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF on Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:49 am

EA lacks innovation? Really? So when Rock Band came out, it was totally copying Guitar Hero's full band set, right? Dance Central isn't anything new or unique, amirite? BioWare certainly didn't revolutionize player choice in RPGs with the Mass Effect series. Hell no.

Gimme a fucking break. Activision is just pissed because someone finally decided to stand up to the bully. They miss giving wedgies to the former staffers at Infinity Ward.

TRF
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.ign.com/blogs/Z0mb33Sl4y3r/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheStaticFox on Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:45 am

Pizzy3C wrote:
TheStaticFox wrote:as much as a hate Activision. EA is sorta in the wrong here. but that line about there games on the decline hahaha. ya cause activision is being so innovative by regurgitating COd every year.

Explain... I don't see how EA is in the wrong, Activision fired the guys and EA hired them.
Activision fired them due to insubordination. they were having secret meetings with EA and that breeched there contracted. they are suing EA for doing this.
TheStaticFox
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF on Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:23 am

TheStaticFox wrote:
Pizzy3C wrote:

Activision fired them due to insubordination. they were having secret meetings with EA and that breeched there contracted. they are suing EA for doing this.
Allegedly. What we do know is that Activision abused their power by breaching West and Zampella's privacy by looking at their phone records and stuff like that. They were held in an interrogation room without windows for six hours. When the IW employees were being interrogated, some were driven to tears, and West and Zampella, had they tried to comfort their fellow employees, would be terminated for insubordination. The only reason Activision terminated them for insubordination was because they needed a reason to withhold the bonuses they owed West and Zampella, as per their contract.

Now THAT is a breach of contract, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was also illegal in one way or another.

TRF
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by NoelX2 on Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:55 am

TheJubJub5721 wrote:Go fuck yourself Activision, you ruined the Call of Duty series.
They also ruined Guitar Hero and TONY HAWK!!!!
I LOVEd TONY HAWK!!!!! Sad GET BACK TO THE BASICS!!!
NoelX2
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah on Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:56 am

NoelX2 wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:Go fuck yourself Activision, you ruined the Call of Duty series.

If you mean Tony Hawk 3, your opinions are irrelevant. FO LYFE. LYYYYYYYYYYYYYFE.

"I chuckle when an ego and pride collide with judgement, add that to your buzz and the result is malfunction."
- Sean Daley
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.youtube.com/user/KidZiLLah

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF on Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:16 pm

Zillah.™️ wrote:
NoelX2 wrote:

If you mean Tony Hawk 3, your opinions are irrelevant. FO LYFE. LYYYYYYYYYYYYYFE.
Neversoft just needs to go back to Tony Hawk Pro Skater. Those are the best skating games of all time, and every Tony Hawk game since that series has just been a major downgrade. If Neversoft stopped doing Tony Hawk Ride and Tony Hawk Shred and started workking on a great Tony Hawk Pro Skater game, then they could retake their throne (which Skate currently possesses).

TRF
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Pizzy3C on Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:02 pm

TRF wrote:
Zillah.™️ wrote:
NoelX2 wrote:

Neversoft just needs to go back to Tony Hawk Pro Skater. Those are the best skating games of all time, and every Tony Hawk game since that series has just been a major downgrade. If Neversoft stopped doing Tony Hawk Ride and Tony Hawk Shred and started workking on a great Tony Hawk Pro Skater game, then they could retake their throne (which Skate currently possesses).

Skate original best skating game ever... Skate 2 lacked innovation and I didn't get into it, my lil bro got skate 3 so I'll go check that out but IMO Tony Hawk is a thing of the past...
Pizzy3C
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Epzaos on Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:44 pm

Call of Duty!? More like Call of Money.
Epzaos
Forum Great

http://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF on Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:45 pm

Pizzy3C wrote:
TRF wrote:
Zillah.™️ wrote:
NoelX2 wrote:

Skate original best skating game ever... Skate 2 lacked innovation and I didn't get into it, my lil bro got skate 3 so I'll go check that out but IMO Tony Hawk is a thing of the past...
It's only a thing of the past because of all of the bad Tony Hawk games we've gotten in recent years. If the Pro Skater series made a return with even half the quality of the old THPS games, it would beat the Skate series and be the best skating game of this gen.

TRF
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Pizzy3C on Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:41 am

I just got into Skate more than I did any Tony Hawk game; although that career mode in whatever Tony Hawk it was where you had the best friend who took all your sick tricks and that hotel to hotel jump and cut you out and put him in was prolly the funnest career I did. But in skate I just liked skating around and finding different lines and doing tricks, it was just fun to E-skate...
Pizzy3C
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by NoelX2 on Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:03 am

Zillah.™️ wrote:
NoelX2 wrote:

3 WAS AMAZING!!!! STOP BEING SONJI!!!!!
NoelX2
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ on Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:19 am

NoelX2 wrote:
Zillah.™️ wrote:
NoelX2 wrote:

3 WAS AMAZING!!!! STOP BEING SONJI!!!!!

O_o?
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Invincible on Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:30 pm

Skate 2 is better then any Tony Hawk game I've ever played.
Invincible
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Teckno on Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:41 pm

I really do hope that Activision realizes that they can't keep doing half the shit they do. GO EA!
Teckno

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top