Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!

The Battle for Gaming!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Battle for Gaming!

Post by Epzaos on Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:41 am

The hour is at hand, it's 2 November and the greatest battle in the history of gaming will begin soon to determine it's fate, It's Gamers VS Oversensitive Polititians.
One shall Stand, One shall Fall(Yeah, i stole that line from Optimus Prime so go ahead and sue me, if you can)!
The United States Supreme Court building, Monday night. We'll be inside on Tuesday, covering the Court's first case about video games. It pits California against the game industry over a law that would make the sale of very violent games to kids illegal.
Source: Kotaku

Last edited by Epzaos on Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Epzaos
Forum Great

http://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166

Back to top Go down

Re: The Battle for Gaming!

Post by SlySonji™ on Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:41 am

Know what's funny?

Gamestop is already doing this. In order for a minor to purchase an M rated videogame, a person(s) over the age of 18 must be there to confirm the purchase.
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF on Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:02 pm

SlySonji™ wrote:Know what's funny?

Gamestop is already doing this. In order for a minor to purchase an M rated videogame, a person(s) over the age of 18 must be there to confirm the purchase.
No, but the law will make it so that minors won't even be able to have their parents buy a game.

TRF
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.ign.com/blogs/Z0mb33Sl4y3r/

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah on Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:09 pm

This is utter BULLOCKS!

"I chuckle when an ego and pride collide with judgement, add that to your buzz and the result is malfunction."
- Sean Daley
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.youtube.com/user/KidZiLLah

Back to top Go down

Post by CyberpunkCentral on Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:16 pm

If this happens then no more "Call of Duty" for Zillah ^_^
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

http://www.youtube.com/user/CyberpunkCentral?feature=mhw4

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah on Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:18 pm

CyberpunkCentral wrote:If this happens then no more "Call of Duty" for Zillah ^_^

Indiana shitface. Wink

"I chuckle when an ego and pride collide with judgement, add that to your buzz and the result is malfunction."
- Sean Daley
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by CyberpunkCentral on Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:23 pm

Zillah wrote:
CyberpunkCentral wrote:If this happens then no more "Call of Duty" for Zillah ^_^

Indiana shitface. Wink

This is only happening in California?

Never liked California anyways Meh
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah on Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:26 pm

CyberpunkCentral wrote:
Zillah wrote:

Indiana shitface. Wink

What!
I wanna move to LA when I get older.
But I really don't wanna mess with those earthquakes. Really trying to live to see another birthday.

- Sean Daley
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by CyberpunkCentral on Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:42 pm

Zillah wrote:
CyberpunkCentral wrote:
Zillah wrote:

Indiana shitface. Wink

What!
I wanna move to LA when I get older.
But I really don't wanna mess with those earthquakes. Really trying to live to see another birthday.

I already been to LA like twice. I don't see what's so special about it? In my opinon LA lacks of culture compare to other cities in the US.

I would rather live in New York City (A.K.A. JewTown) then LA to be honest.
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Teckno on Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:54 pm

I'm hoping we are the teal soldiers. Wink
Teckno

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ on Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:14 pm

TRF wrote:

No, but the law will make it so that minors won't even be able to have their parents buy a game.

That doesn't even make any sense. A minor could just tell a parent to walk in and buy it. How would cashiers know who it's for?
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Teckno on Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:20 pm

SlySonji™ wrote:
TRF wrote:

That doesn't even make any sense. A minor could just tell a parent to walk in and buy it. How would cashiers know who it's for?
Well, if you think about it, the parents would get suspicious on why can't their son and/or daughter don't get it themselves. They'd realize the game is inappropriate for their child. The law is not foolproof. But, it will certainly put some obstacles in the way.
Teckno

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoney on Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:55 pm

Could someone tell what the problem is? I mean if a kid tries to buy beer here he will be asked for I.D (Legal age is 18) if he ain't got it, he ain't getting the beer.

Is this law simply trying to stop minors from buying M rated videogames? What's wrong with that?

Maybe there is an upside for the doubters. No more 12 year old kids shouting abuse at you on Gears or Halo....Now that's a win. Nice!
Stoney
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah on Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:59 pm

Stoney wrote:Could someone tell what the problem is? I mean if a kid tries to buy beer here he will be asked for I.D (Legal age is 18) if he ain't got it, he ain't getting the beer.

Is this law simply trying to stop minors from buying M rated videogames? What's wrong with that?

Maybe there is an upside for the doubters. No more 12 year old kids shouting abuse at you on Gears or Halo....Now that's a win. Nice!

They're trying to say, your parents can't buy the games for you.

- Sean Daley
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Epzaos on Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:59 pm

Stoney wrote:Could someone tell what the problem is? I mean if a kid tries to buy beer here he will be asked for I.D (Legal age is 18) if he ain't got it, he ain't getting the beer.

It won't stop, their parents can easily go and buy the game for them, now what is wrong with that is that some people mature much faster than others, and they can see the difference between Real Life and the Video Game, this whole "We must Protect our Children from Violent video games" is fucking Bullshit, it doesn't matter how old you are, as long as you have the brain to understand what a Video Game is then you won't have a problem.
Epzaos
Forum Great

http://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ on Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:39 pm

DaTeckno wrote:
SlySonji™ wrote:
TRF wrote:

Well, if you think about it, the parents would get suspicious on why can't their son and/or daughter don't get it themselves. They'd realize the game is inappropriate for their child. The law is not foolproof. But, it will certainly put some obstacles in the way.

GAMESTOP ALREADY DOES THAT. Gamestop employees have to recite this to a minor:

''Is a person 18 years of age older present with you? Ma'dam/Sir, do you know that this game received an ''M'' rating for its high gore/sexual content/violence? Yes? Show me your ID please, thank you. Here you go.''
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by TheJubJub5721 on Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:42 pm

SlySonji™ wrote:
DaTeckno wrote:
SlySonji™ wrote:
TRF wrote:

''Is a person 18 years of age older present with you? Ma'dam/Sir, do you know that this game received an ''M'' rating for its high gore/sexual content/violence? Yes? Show me your ID please, thank you. Here you go.''

I think he is saying that you won't like be able to have the minor with you. And either way, ignorant parents are ignorant. This won't stop them from buying the game.
TheJubJub5721
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Teckno on Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:58 pm

SlySonji™️ wrote:
DaTeckno wrote:
SlySonji™️ wrote:
TRF wrote:
SlySonji™️ wrote:Know what's funny?

Thats not what you said...
You said "A minor could just tell a parent to walk in and buy it"
But, now you changed it to "if a minor goes into the store and attempts to buy it" Facepalm
Teckno

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ on Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:21 pm

DaTeckno wrote:
SlySonji™️ wrote:
DaTeckno wrote:
SlySonji™️ wrote:
TRF wrote:
SlySonji™️ wrote:Know what's funny?

Thats not what you said...
You said "A minor could just tell a parent to walk in and buy it"
But, now you changed it to "if a minor goes into the store and attempts to buy it" Facepalm

Facepalm I was trying to direct the point that companies are already doing this.
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by chobo500 on Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:28 am

chobo500
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Epzaos on Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:29 am

Ah, sweet justice.
Epzaos