Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!

Rareware R.I.P.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rareware R.I.P.

Post by CyberpunkCentral on Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:31 pm

Last edited by CyberpunkCentral on Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

http://www.youtube.com/user/CyberpunkCentral?feature=mhw4

Back to top Go down

Re: Rareware R.I.P.

Post by TRF on Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:35 pm

Not that funny.

Viva Piñata was their best game this gen, and it actually was really good.

TRF
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.ign.com/blogs/Z0mb33Sl4y3r/

Back to top Go down

Post by chobo500 on Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:07 pm

TRF wrote:Not that funny.

Viva Piñata was their best game this gen, and it actually was really good.

More like their Only Good game for the past 2 generations.

Grabbed by the Ghoulies was trash

Conker Live and Reloaded was ok, but the multi-player wasn't as good and I didn't like the Censorship in the single player

Perfect Dark Zero was also OK, but the controlls didn't feel right, and the third person cover mode wasn't implemented correctly.

I haven't played Kameo, but I heared it was easy and really short

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts ........ Do I need to say anything?

Kinect Sports is Looking like trash, and I've heard it doesn't controll well at all.

However, the XBLA ports of some of Rare's older games are Great! Perfect Dark is one of the Best Looking Port's ever, and the banjo games have the Stop N' Swop feture Implemented(I've heard you need Nut's and bolts to make it work though.)

and some of their handheld games on the Game Boy and DS are also very good as well.

chobo500
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF on Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:31 pm

Kameo was actually pretty fun. Good, not great. Viva Piñata was fantastic. The sequel, Trouble in Paradise was also good, but not nearly as good.

TRF
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAlan on Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:27 pm

Rare was falling apart before Microsoft intervened.

Rare still makes decent games. Not as good as their games on the N64 but still. None of their core games they made are "trash".

Kameo was good.

Perfect Dark Zero was good.

Viva Pinata was good.

And Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and bolts was actually a good game. I don't care what you guys say. The same day I played the demo I went out to the store and picked it up. Nuts and Bolts ISN'T a platformer. Its a vehicle construction with slight properties of platformers.

EDIT:

Never played Conker: Live and Reloaded. But looking up the reviews it honestly can't be that bad. It got a 78% average on Metacritic.
MEGAlan
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF on Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:36 pm

Alan_1994 wrote:Rare was falling apart before Microsoft intervened.

Rare still makes decent games. Not as good as their games on the N64 but still. None of their core games they made are "trash".

Kameo was good.

Viva Pinata was good.

And Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and bolts was actually a good game. I don't care what you guys say. The same day I played the demo I went out to the store and picked it up. Nuts and Bolts ISN'T a platformer. Its a vehicle construction with slight properties of platformers.

EDIT:

Never played Conker: Live and Reloaded. But looking up the reviews it honestly can't be that bad. It got a 78% average on Metacritic.
Rare was making great games before Microsoft bought them out. Yeah, they had a stinker here and there, but overall they were much better before they went with Microsoft.

TRF
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAlan on Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:55 pm

TRF wrote:

Kameo was good.

Viva Pinata was good.

EDIT:

Rare was making great games before Microsoft bought them out. Yeah, they had a stinker here and there, but overall they were much better before they went with Microsoft.

No I mean Rare were literally falling apart before Microsoft bought them. They had many internal issues and were loosing many Staff members.
MEGAlan
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by CyberpunkCentral on Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:03 pm

Kameo was good.

Viva Pinata was good.

EDIT:

You have lost my respect Facepalm
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAlan on Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:15 pm

CyberpunkCentral wrote:

Kameo was good.

Viva Pinata was good.

EDIT:

Did you even play it? Or do you just side with what a couple other people say about it?
MEGAlan
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by CyberpunkCentral on Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:21 pm

Alan_1994 wrote:
CyberpunkCentral wrote:

Kameo was good.

Viva Pinata was good.

EDIT:

Did you even play it? Or do you just side with what a couple other people say about it?

The real question here is did you even play the first two Banjo games back in the Nintendo 64 days? Because if you did then some fan you are Meh
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAlan on Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:25 pm

CyberpunkCentral wrote:
Alan_1994 wrote:
CyberpunkCentral wrote:

Kameo was good.

Viva Pinata was good.

EDIT:

The real question here is did you even play the first two Banjo games back in the Nintendo 64 days? Because if you did then some fan you are Meh

Ofcourse I played them. I never claimed that the latest Banjo game is better than the original ones back in the N64 days.

To imply that Nuts and Boltz is garbage just because it isn't as good as the original ones is VERY stupid. Sure, Nuts and Bolts didn't have the best platforming in a Banjo game but I absolutely loved the vehicle construction. How you guys continue to imply that the Banjo series has become garbage is beyond me obviously.
MEGAlan
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by chobo500 on Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:33 pm

Kameo was good.

Viva Pinata was good.

EDIT:

Dude, if you play the N64 version and the Xbox version, there are significant differences! On the Xbox version, Multi-player sucks, and Way to much Censorship in single player(they even censored the great mighty poo song! Kratos ) sure the graphics are good, but the overall better experience was on the N64.

Once again, DO I NEED TO SAY ANYTHING ABOUT NUTS AND BOLTS!

Ok, fine. i'll explain. the Banjo games were critically acclaimed for the amazing amount of platforming, humor and puzzle solving.what Nuts and bolts took that formula(well, the platforming) threw it in the grabage, gave banjo a workshop, and forced him to make vehicles! Platforming was what the Banjo games were all about! Sure it would be a cool spin-off like Mario kart is to Mario, but No! Rare is treating it like its Banjo Threete! (Im still waiting Rare!) the Story makes absolutly no sense, even for a banjo game! some weird lord of games comes down, creates a random dimention, and forces Banjo and Grunty into racing each other to see which one is Better! Face Desk Stupidity

Microsoft Killed Rare. FACT!

chobo500
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAlan on Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:48 pm

chobo500 wrote:

Kameo was good.

Viva Pinata was good.

EDIT:

Dude, if you play the N64 version and the Xbox version, there are significant differences! On the Xbox version, Multi-player sucks, and Way to much Censorship in single player(they even censored the great mighty poo song! Kratos ) sure the graphics are good, but the overall better experience was on the N64.

Once again, DO I NEED TO SAY ANYTHING ABOUT NUTS AND BOLTS!

Ok, fine. i'll explain. the Banjo games were critically acclaimed for the amazing amount of platforming, humor and puzzle solving.what Nuts and bolts took that formula(well, the platforming) threw it in the grabage, gave banjo a workshop, and forced him to make vehicles! Platforming was what the Banjo games were all about! Sure it would be a cool spin-off like Mario kart is to Mario, but No! Rare is treating it like its Banjo Threete! (Im still waiting Rare!) the Story makes absolutly no sense, even for a banjo game! some weird lord of games comes down, creates a random dimention, and forces Banjo and Grunty into racing each other to see which one is Better! Face Desk Stupidity

Microsoft Killed Rare. FACT!

Dude that's got to be the stupid thing I've ever read.

N64 version didn't even have multiplayer, and I couldn't give a rat's holy ass about "teh mighty poo song" censorship.

Nuts and Bolts brought something NEW to the series. The storyline for Banjo games hardly make sense at all. It's all about the game. The vehicle construction was awesome. Trying something new for a change couldn't hurt the series. Besides, who is to say that the next Banjo game won't be focused on platforming? To say the series is dead because of one game YOU didn't like is just plain stupid. It's like those fucking cunts who bashed Halo Wars because it was an RTS instead of an FPS. Stupid, Stupid, Stupid. That's all I'm reading. Nothing wrong with a popular series branching out to other genres. Many games do this. The next Metal Gear game will be a hack and slash! DOES THAT MEAN IT WILL SUCK!?!?

"Microsoft Killed Rare"

Ironically, they SAVED them. The studio was falling apart before MS bought them. They had many internal issues.

Besides, they have made quite a few good titles with MS too and will probably continue to make many more good titles in the future with them.
MEGAlan
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by chobo500 on Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:56 pm

Alan_1994 wrote:

Dude that's got to be the stupid thing I've ever read.

N64 version didn't even have multiplayer, and I couldn't give a rat's holy ass about "teh mighty poo song" censorship.

Nuts and Bolts brought something NEW to the series. The storyline for Banjo games hardly make sense at all. It's all about the game. The vehicle construction was awesome. Trying something new for a change couldn't hurt the series. Besides, who is to say that the next Banjo game won't be focused on platforming? To say the series is dead because of one game YOU didn't like is just plain stupid. It's like those fucking cunts who bashed Halo Wars because it was an RTS instead of an FPS. Stupid, Stupid, Stupid. That's all I'm reading. Nothing wrong with a popular series branching out to other genres. Many games do this. The next Metal Gear game will be a hack and slash! DOES THAT MEAN IT WILL SUCK!?!?

"Microsoft Killed Rare"

Ironically, they SAVED them. The studio was falling apart before MS bought them. They had many internal issues.

Besides, they have made quite a few good titles with MS too and will probably continue to make many more good titles in the future with them.

Face Desk Stupidity Face Desk Stupidity Face Desk Stupidity

DID YOU EVEN PLAY THE ORIGINAL CONKER'S BAD FUR DAY??????!!!!!!!! it DID have multi-player, and it was 10 time the multi-player Live and Reloaded ever had. and never, and I mean NEVER, Insult THE GREAT MIGHTY POO!

Im not saying Nuts and bolts was a bad game, but it Should have been a spin off! I played through the game and kinda likes the vehicular customization, but I kept asking Myself as I progressed, WHY IS THIS A BANJO GAME? I know rare was trying to innovate, but this is overboard! andif the future banjo game are like this one:

P.S

People leave company's all the time. Half the staff of Infinity ward left and its still going. Rare would have been just fine if MS had dent Interfered.

chobo500
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAlan on Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:05 pm

Wait, I didn't know you were referring to Conker. LOL

I thought you meant a Banjo remake or something. Fail on my part bro.

Yea, but that Conker game was JUST a remake. It wasn't exactly a new fully developed game.

Are you saying spin-offs can't have the same brand name as the original titles? Again, Halo Wars and Metal Gear Solid Rising are spin-offs. They still have the popular brand names on them, it's probably for advertising.

I don't mind whatever Rare decides to do with their future Banjo games. I find both their platforming and vehicle contruction fun.

PS

LOL, Yea Infinity Ward is doing REAL well. ROFL Don't act like they aren't falling apart. They lost all their "best" developers.

Don't you get it? There was a good chance Rare might have been disbanded completely if it wasn't bought by Microsoft.
MEGAlan
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by chobo500 on Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:33 pm

Alan_1994 wrote:Wait, I didn't know you were referring to Conker. LOL

Yea, but that Conker game was JUST a remake. It wasn't exactly a new fully developed game.

Are you saying spin-offs can't have the same brand name as the original titles? Again, Halo Wars and Metal Gear Solid Rising are spin-offs. They still have the popular brand names on them, it's probably for advertising.

I don't mind whatever Rare decides to do with their future Banjo games. I find both their platforming and vehicle contruction fun.

PS

LOL, Yea Infinity Ward is doing REAL well. ROFL Don't act like they aren't falling apart. They lost all their "best" developers.

Don't you get it? There was a good chance Rare might have been disbanded completely if it wasn't bought by Microsoft.

Yeah, I tend to over react alot. Embarassed

Infinity ward it pretty much dead, and Rare may have been dead too unless SOME OTHER COMPANY(it didn't have to be microsoft) bought it out. Nintendo could have bought the other half of rare, and I think activision was thinking about it to (thank god it wasn't activision).

but yeah, I tend to speak really strongly about my opinions. I guess Rare is still an OK dev in the eyes of others. Its just the only game this gen(and last gen) to break single A was Viva Pinata. Nut's and Bolt's was an Interesting game idea that worked fairly well, just I may have gone overboard with the fact that it wasn't like the other banjo games. Just like alot of people hated other M for stupid reasons, alot of people(including me) hate nuts and bolts for stupid reasons.

chobo500
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAlan on Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:36 am

chobo500 wrote:
Alan_1994 wrote:Wait, I didn't know you were referring to Conker. LOL

PS

Yeah, I tend to over react alot. Embarassed

Infinity ward it pretty much dead, and Rare may have been dead too unless SOME OTHER COMPANY(it didn't have to be microsoft) bought it out. Nintendo could have bought the other half of rare, and I think activision was thinking about it to (thank god it wasn't activision).

but yeah, I tend to speak really strongly about my opinions. I guess Rare is still an OK dev in the eyes of others. Its just the only game this gen(and last gen) to break single A was Viva Pinata. Nut's and Bolt's was an Interesting game idea that worked fairly well, just I may have gone overboard with the fact that it wasn't like the other banjo games. Just like alot of people hated other M for stupid reasons, alot of people(including me) hate nuts and bolts for stupid reasons.

The only other company that wanted to buy out Rare was Activision. They would have milked the hell out of the Banjo series and ruined Rare in the long run.

Your opinion is not stupid. I just thought it was a bit unfair to say that a series has become garbage because of one game that didn't appeal to you. That's all. Many of their MS games were real close to getting AA reviews on Metacritic. Most got AA on Gamerankings.
MEGAlan
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by chobo500 on Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:58 am

I never said that the series was garbage now. It will depend on how rare take's the series. Will they continue the vehicular combat gameplay, or will they bring back platforming? Only rare can answer that question. Most Rare Games now a days do get High Single A or low AA, but ever sense MS bought rare, I haven't seen a single AAA game from them like the nintendo days. and that's the main point im driving at. (Not even their XBLA ports of AAA games are AAA. that I don't understand.)

chobo500
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAlan on Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:09 am

chobo500 wrote:I never said that the series was garbage now. It will depend on how rare take's the series. Will they continue the vehicular combat gameplay, or will they bring back platforming? Only rare can answer that question. Most Rare Games now a days do get High Single A or low AA, but ever sense MS bought rare, I haven't seen a single AAA game from them like the nintendo days. and that's the main point im driving at. (Not even their XBLA ports of AAA games are AAA. that I don't understand.)

Why do you come to the conclusion that it's Microsoft's fault? Rolling Eyes Seriously, do you honestly think they would have been better off with Activision? A developer that makes low AA games is way better than one that is disbanded or is being raped by its publisher.

Most games now a days get lower ratings than the originals. That's why I think its more important for Rare to branch out their IPs/make new ones.

Not gonna lie though, a Perfect Dark 2 would be fucking awesome.
MEGAlan
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum