Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!

Has Call Of Duty ruined the FPS genre?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Has Call Of Duty ruined the FPS genre?

Post by CyberpunkCentral on Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:33 am



Last edited by CyberpunkCentral on Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

Posts : 2294
Join date : 2010-03-29

http://www.youtube.com/user/CyberpunkCentral?feature=mhw4

Back to top Go down

Re: Has Call Of Duty ruined the FPS genre?

Post by yonny616 on Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:26 pm

I say yes since about every FPS wants to be like COD games in terms of gameplay, sales, and casualness and that for hardcore gamers is a bad thing Kratos
avatar
yonny616
Forum Great

Posts : 549
Join date : 2010-07-14

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrYonny616

Back to top Go down

Re: Has Call Of Duty ruined the FPS genre?

Post by Zillah on Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:59 pm

No.
I say they did better for it.

_________________

"I chuckle when an ego and pride collide with judgement, add that to your buzz and the result is malfunction."
- Sean Daley
avatar
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

Posts : 3005
Join date : 2010-02-23

http://www.youtube.com/user/KidZiLLah

Back to top Go down

Re: Has Call Of Duty ruined the FPS genre?

Post by chobo500 on Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:22 pm

I say both COD and Halo have ruined the FPS Genere.

they have caused little kids and campers to be in games and caused FPS's to be looked down upon

and its halo's fault for giving you regenerating health over time.

yeah, it makes sense for halo, but why does this machanic have to be used in every FPS?

why can't you just have health packs like in Counter-strike, TF2, or Halo ODST?

chobo500
Fanboy

Posts : 229
Join date : 2010-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Has Call Of Duty ruined the FPS genre?

Post by Zillah on Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:37 pm

chobo500 wrote:I say both COD and Halo have ruined the FPS Genere.

they have caused little kids and campers to be in games and caused FPS's to be looked down upon

and its halo's fault for giving you regenerating health over time.

yeah, it makes sense for halo, but why does this machanic have to be used in every FPS?

why can't you just have health packs like in Counter-strike, TF2, or Halo ODST?

Cause it's different elements. That just means you have different taste and the next person loves it.

_________________

"I chuckle when an ego and pride collide with judgement, add that to your buzz and the result is malfunction."
- Sean Daley
avatar
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

Posts : 3005
Join date : 2010-02-23

http://www.youtube.com/user/KidZiLLah

Back to top Go down

Re: Has Call Of Duty ruined the FPS genre?

Post by chobo500 on Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:40 pm

Zillah wrote:
chobo500 wrote:I say both COD and Halo have ruined the FPS Genere.

they have caused little kids and campers to be in games and caused FPS's to be looked down upon

and its halo's fault for giving you regenerating health over time.

yeah, it makes sense for halo, but why does this machanic have to be used in every FPS?

why can't you just have health packs like in Counter-strike, TF2, or Halo ODST?

Cause it's different elements. That just means you have different taste and the next person loves it.

I know that. but my point is why does every FPS game have to have Autoheal?

chobo500
Fanboy

Posts : 229
Join date : 2010-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Has Call Of Duty ruined the FPS genre?

Post by MEGAlan on Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:57 pm

As much as I don't really enjoy COD, I can't see how you guys can blame them for "ruining" the genre.

I mean seriously, it's not the COD developers fault that other developers lack innovation and have to copy everything they do.
avatar
MEGAlan
Forum Regular

Posts : 495
Join date : 2010-10-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Has Call Of Duty ruined the FPS genre?

Post by Zillah on Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:01 pm

Alan_1994 wrote:As much as I don't really enjoy COD, I can't see how you guys can blame them for "ruining" the genre.

I mean seriously, it's not the COD developers fault that other developers lack innovation and have to copy everything they do.

Wait, DON'T judge the Nation off of 2 peoples opinions.
If that's what you're doing, idk.

But yeah. People can't get mad at COD cause of the lack of innovation.

_________________

"I chuckle when an ego and pride collide with judgement, add that to your buzz and the result is malfunction."
- Sean Daley
avatar
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

Posts : 3005
Join date : 2010-02-23

http://www.youtube.com/user/KidZiLLah

Back to top Go down

Re: Has Call Of Duty ruined the FPS genre?

Post by BlackStigma on Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:09 pm

The problem is that Cod is so popular that people start playing other games like Battlefield Bad Company or Killzone 2 like Cod even though they're completely different and it ruins the experience for those who try to play the games they are meant to be played.
avatar
BlackStigma
Forum Great

Posts : 635
Join date : 2010-05-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Has Call Of Duty ruined the FPS genre?

Post by MEGAlan on Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:06 pm

BlackStigma wrote:The problem is that Cod is so popular that people start playing other games like Battlefield Bad Company or Killzone 2 like Cod even though they're completely different and it ruins the experience for those who try to play the games they are meant to be played.

Yea, but the game mechanics of some FPS's force the player to adapt.

That's the real reason why COD players hate Halo, because they are completely different. Yet they still have their own fanbases. If more developers made FPS's that differentiates from others in a good way then the FPS genre wouldn't be so saturated with COD/Halo clones.
avatar
MEGAlan
Forum Regular

Posts : 495
Join date : 2010-10-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Has Call Of Duty ruined the FPS genre?

Post by SlySonji™ on Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:07 pm

Alan_1994 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:The problem is that Cod is so popular that people start playing other games like Battlefield Bad Company or Killzone 2 like Cod even though they're completely different and it ruins the experience for those who try to play the games they are meant to be played.

Yea, but the game mechanics of some FPS's force the player to adapt.

That's the real reason why COD players hate Halo, because they are completely different. Yet they still have their own fanbases. If more developers made FPS's that differentiates from others in a good way then the FPS genre wouldn't be so saturated with COD/Halo clones.

There should be some Quake clones >:]
avatar
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Posts : 2051
Join date : 2010-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Has Call Of Duty ruined the FPS genre?

Post by Teckno on Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:30 pm

People thinks it's simply cooler to downplay popular stuff.
avatar
Teckno
Senior Member

Posts : 766
Join date : 2010-06-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Has Call Of Duty ruined the FPS genre?

Post by SlySonji™ on Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:32 pm

Teckno wrote:People thinks it's simply cooler to downplay popular stuff.

That doesn't make any sense. If it were popular, the cool thing to do would be to follow it. Saying it sucks would make you seem like a weirdo; Not cool.
avatar
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Posts : 2051
Join date : 2010-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Has Call Of Duty ruined the FPS genre?

Post by Teckno on Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:52 pm

SlySonji™ wrote:
Teckno wrote:People thinks it's simply cooler to downplay popular stuff.

That doesn't make any sense. If it were popular, the cool thing to do would be to follow it. Saying it sucks would make you seem like a weirdo; Not cool.
Depends on how you think of the situation. If you were to downplay it because it was popular, it would make you seem like an individual or rebel. Which is cool.
avatar
Teckno
Senior Member

Posts : 766
Join date : 2010-06-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Has Call Of Duty ruined the FPS genre?

Post by SlySonji™ on Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:58 pm

Teckno wrote:
SlySonji™ wrote:
Teckno wrote:People thinks it's simply cooler to downplay popular stuff.

That doesn't make any sense. If it were popular, the cool thing to do would be to follow it. Saying it sucks would make you seem like a weirdo; Not cool.
Depends on how you think of the situation. If you were to downplay it because it was popular, it would make you seem like an individual or rebel. Which is cool.

Kids are so stupid.
avatar
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Posts : 2051
Join date : 2010-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Has Call Of Duty ruined the FPS genre?

Post by TheJubJub5721 on Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:09 pm

Teckno wrote:
SlySonji™ wrote:
Teckno wrote:People thinks it's simply cooler to downplay popular stuff.

That doesn't make any sense. If it were popular, the cool thing to do would be to follow it. Saying it sucks would make you seem like a weirdo; Not cool.
Depends on how you think of the situation. If you were to downplay it because it was popular, it would make you seem like an individual or rebel. Which is cool.

Ugh...thats like what GGM would always say.... like just because I dislike the ipod touch it makes me a rebel and EDGGYY!!
avatar
TheJubJub5721
PS3 Nation Greats

Posts : 1252
Join date : 2010-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Has Call Of Duty ruined the FPS genre?

Post by Padders on Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:43 am

I agree with the guy at a few points like how DICE wants to make their own online expirence rather than making it a complete MW2 clone. I can see the new MoH will have a longer life span compared to CoD.
avatar
Padders
Fanboy

Posts : 185
Join date : 2010-08-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Has Call Of Duty ruined the FPS genre?

Post by Gutzahn on Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:19 am

Nope COD is a blessing to the genre... the problem isnt COD but all the games that want to copy it!
avatar
Gutzahn
Forum Regular

Posts : 390
Join date : 2010-05-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Has Call Of Duty ruined the FPS genre?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum