Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!

3DTV Without Glasses!

:: General Gaming :: Tech

View previous topic View next topic Go down

3DTV Without Glasses!

Post by CyberpunkCentral on Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:40 pm

CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

http://www.youtube.com/user/CyberpunkCentral?feature=mhw4

Back to top Go down

Re: 3DTV Without Glasses!

Post by EvilMrChicken on Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:49 am

Lol, Nintendo Leads, OTHER COMPANY'S follow
EvilMrChicken
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by yonny616 on Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:55 am

Need to get myself one of these
yonny616
Forum Great

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrYonny616

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ on Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:02 am

EvilMrChicken wrote:Lol, Nintendo Leads, OTHER COMPANY'S follow

Aren't these TV's REAL 3D? Not what the 3DS is? An illusion? If anything, they took the tech by the horns and took it to a new level.
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF on Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:05 am

SlySonji™ wrote:

Aren't these TV's REAL 3D? Not what the 3DS is? An illusion? If anything, they took the tech by the horns and took it to a new level.
The 3DS just uses a motion sensor to track head position and change the image accordingly. It's not real 3D, it's a gimmicky 3D.

TRF
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.ign.com/blogs/Z0mb33Sl4y3r/

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ on Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:11 am

ŦЯӺ wrote:
SlySonji™ wrote:

The 3DS just uses a motion sensor to track head position and change the image accordingly. It's not real 3D, it's a gimmicky 3D.

As I said.
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:27 am

SlySonji™ wrote:
ŦЯӺ wrote:
SlySonji™ wrote:

As I said.
have u 2 even seen the 3ds in person? yeah didnt think so, it's fucking awesome and it's true 3d u sony fanboys!

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ on Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:15 am

tahmidk wrote:
SlySonji™️ wrote:
ŦЯӺ wrote:
SlySonji™️ wrote:

As I said.
have u 2 even seen the 3ds in person? yeah didnt think so, it's fucking awesome and it's true 3d u sony fanboys!

Facepalm

Not what game websites, critics, and on the floor reporters had to say about it. Hell, Nintendo even confirmed this was true.
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF on Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:19 am

tahmidk wrote:
SlySonji™ wrote:
ŦЯӺ wrote:
SlySonji™ wrote:

As I said.
No . . . it's not.

TRF
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.ign.com/blogs/Z0mb33Sl4y3r/

Back to top Go down

Post by yonny616 on Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:49 pm

You guys should take a look at the comments lol ROFL
yonny616
Forum Great

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrYonny616

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah on Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:10 pm

Tahmdick, you've never played a 3DS either right?
How can you declare it's awesome but we can't say the 3D isn't 'real?'
Besides, fanboys? YOU MADE A THREAD ON BASHING ALAN WAKE'S SALES. Facepalm
I might ban you for failing too hard.
You're almost worst than freemonz. 0_o

"I chuckle when an ego and pride collide with judgement, add that to your buzz and the result is malfunction."
- Sean Daley
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.youtube.com/user/KidZiLLah

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelus the Wraith on Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:32 pm

Zillah wrote:Tahmdick

xD.

Tahmidk is making an assumption, as an admin you should respond respectfully and calmly.
Tahmidk is a TROLL, other than that he is far from a fanboy
If you ban him for failing, I'm leaving.
No one is worse than Freemon.
Angelus the Wraith
PS3 Nation Greats

http://www.finalfantasyforums.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by EvilMrChicken on Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:20 pm

SlySonji™️ wrote:
tahmidk wrote:
SlySonji™️ wrote:
ŦЯӺ wrote:
SlySonji™️ wrote:

As I said.

Facepalm

Not what game websites, critics, and on the floor reporters had to say about it. Hell, Nintendo even confirmed this was true.

Lol, gimme the link to where nintendo said that, and there is a reason why they call it the 3DS and not the 2.5 DS Silly

Back on topic: nice?
EvilMrChicken
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ on Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:52 pm

EvilMrChicken wrote:
SlySonji™️ wrote:
tahmidk wrote:
SlySonji™️ wrote:
ŦЯӺ wrote:
SlySonji™️ wrote:

As I said.

Facepalm

Lol, gimme the link to where nintendo said that, and there is a reason why they call it the 3DS and not the 2.5 DS Silly

I'll try and find it.

They didn't say ''it's gimmicky 3D'' they said it tracks your head to make it seem like it's 3D. As TRF said, it's not true 3D.

Also, that 2.5DS ''joke'' is ridiculous. Would you name your game ''Awesomo 2.5'' or ''Awesomo 3?'' Just because they name it something means nothing.

''With normal 3D, viewers have to wear those dorky glasses that make each eye see a different image, just like they do with everyday objects. The process fools the brain into perceiving depth. The way the Sharp LCD works is much more like those holographic baseball cards, where moving the card side-to-side produces a different image. The parallax barrier directs the light from the LCD in two directions, half towards the right eye and half towards the left. Since each eye is now seeing a different image, the brain can perceive depth.'' - Ripten

http://www.ripten.com/2010/06/16/how-the-nintendo-3ds-works/

That isn't the one that Nintendo said, but you can ask for more links if you aren't satisfied.
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Gutzahn on Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:29 pm

Well as long as i cant tell, that the 3DS isn't really 3D i should be ok, i mean the 3D with glasses isn't really 3D either. (grammar fail?)
Gutzahn
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaper on Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:56 pm

How gutted will the people who already bought a 3DTV with those gay glasses be?

You would have to sell your children into slavery and your wife into prostitution to afford one of these though im guessing.
Reaper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah on Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:27 pm

Reaper wrote:How gutted will the people who already bought a 3DTV with those gay glasses be?

You would have to sell your children into slavery and your wife into prostitution to afford one of these though im guessing.

Nope. your daughter gets raped, right in front of your eyes.

"I chuckle when an ego and pride collide with judgement, add that to your buzz and the result is malfunction."
- Sean Daley
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.youtube.com/user/KidZiLLah

Back to top Go down

Post by gamer22 on Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:32 am

3DTV without the need of glasses were long in development prior to 3DS. It's just they are expensive. Really really expensive while you can get a 50" 3DTV for $2500. That may sound expensive as well but when 50" 1080p HDTVs came out they were like $6000.

Also while 3DTVs that uses glasses still provide the better "screen popping out the box" 3D effect than glassless 3DTVs.

gamer22
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by EvilMrChicken on Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:19 pm

SlySonji™️ wrote:
EvilMrChicken wrote:
SlySonji™️ wrote:
tahmidk wrote:
SlySonji™️ wrote:
ŦЯӺ wrote:
SlySonji™️ wrote:

As I said.

Facepalm

I'll try and find it.

They didn't say ''it's gimmicky 3D'' they said it tracks your head to make it seem like it's 3D. As TRF said, it's not true 3D.

Also, that 2.5DS ''joke'' is ridiculous. Would you name your game ''Awesomo 2.5'' or ''Awesomo 3?'' Just because they name it something means nothing.

''With normal 3D, viewers have to wear those dorky glasses that make each eye see a different image, just like they do with everyday objects. The process fools the brain into perceiving depth. The way the Sharp LCD works is much more like those holographic baseball cards, where moving the card side-to-side produces a different image. The parallax barrier directs the light from the LCD in two directions, half towards the right eye and half towards the left. Since each eye is now seeing a different image, the brain can perceive depth.'' - Ripten

http://www.ripten.com/2010/06/16/how-the-nintendo-3ds-works/

That isn't the one that Nintendo said, but you can ask for more links if you aren't satisfied.

Heh, I'm convinced, and the 2.5 name sounds pretty badass to me XD
EvilMrChicken
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by gamer22 on Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:49 am

Nintendo using 3D without glasses is not Nintendo's innovation. They are using technology created by Sharp back in 2002 - 2003. It's called parallax barrier. And it's definitely not the best method for 3D.

gamer22
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top